Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rolling over

That's right, Molly decided today was the day that she was going to roll over all by herself! She went from belly to back (yes, she was sleeping on her belly because she just sleeps so much better but she only does this for naps). So, let me lay it out for you. She woke up this morning at 6am so I got up, we played, she ate and then went right back to sleep around 6:45am. So around 8:30am when I was leaving for work she was still asleep so I went in her room to get a last look before I left. She was stirring so I just sat there and watched her for a little bit because let’s be honest, I could do that all day long. Anyway, she was tucking her knees up under her and turning on her side. Now, she has done this before so I didn’t really think she was going to turn over but low and behold on the fourth try she flipped herself over. Throughout this whole time her eyes were shut and she was talking to herself so I am guessing she was half asleep, half awake. Well, when she turned over she opened her eyes in a hurry, looked around with a confused look on her face and still not seeing me she gave herself a HUGE grin like she knew she accomplished something big. Then I got all excited with a high pitched voice, scared her I am sure, and we had a little celebration. It was a great way to start my day! Of course I didn’t get any of it on video or any pictures so here are some random pictures from today.

3 comments:

  1. omg that last picture. I die. She is already getting such a little personality! And that first picture of her is just gorgeous :) and CONGRATS MOLLY!!!! woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Molly!!!!! AND yes!!! AUNT NENNA- I agree- That last picture!! Hahaha
    Now I need a video of her rolling please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's amazing!!! Love it that she did it while her mama was watching!!

    ReplyDelete