Friday, April 13, 2012

Good golly Miss Molly - You are 3 months

3 months I say! You are growing up so fast (which I say every month). We don't go to the doctor this month so I don't have any stats but here are some Molly tidbits from momma. Interesting side notes: it is Friday the 13th again (you were born on one). There are 3 of them this year and we will be celebrating every one of them. ☺



• You just graduated to size 2 diapers and they seem huge on you but you are in the weight range and you had so many blow outs in size 1.
• You are wearing 3-6 month clothing
• You are drinking about 4.5 ounces at each feeding and you are still eating every 3 hours.
• Your sleeping patterns have regressed from last month. We now put you to bed around 7:30pm and you are waking up twice during the night. Once between 1-2am and then again at 3:30-4:30am.
• You are still swaddled but you kept busting your arms out in the middle of the night and since you are so close to turning over we don’t swaddle your arms anymore. Daddy wants to because he thinks you might sleep longer but I am scared you will turn over in the night and not have your arms to help you.
• I went back to work this month and it has been hard but like I have said in previous posts you are in really good hands. I get pictures of you throughout the day to keep me going. ☺ Thanks grandmas!
• You take 3-4 naps a day depending on what is going on. You usually get one good, long nap in there lasting about 2 hours.
• You still love bath time. We recently took you out of the infant sling in the bathtub and put you in the big girl tub with more water and you LOVE it. You just sit there, dip your hand in the water then it goes straight in your mouth for the rest of the bath. But it doesn’t stop you from talking or smiling, you just do it with fingers in your mouth. I can’t wait until we can get you in that pool! I think you will love it.
• You are so close to rolling over from back to belly. You have done it a couple times but on a couch cushion. You can’t do it on the floor or bed but you are oh so close. Today you surprised me because I put you on your belly and you almost turned over from belly to back. Soon enough and then you can choose to sleep on your belly which will make you and your momma happy because you will sleep more sound.
• Your eyes are getting to be a lighter and lighter blue. They are so big and pretty.
• You still have a really good temperament. Sometimes you cry really hard but that is few and far between, maybe once a week or every two weeks but that is usually because you are off schedule and just really tired.
• You are growing more hair but you still rock your duck feathers and still have a major bald spot on the back of your head from looking all around.
• You love being outside. I think you would be out there all day if you could. You just like to look around and smell the fresh air and feel the breeze. Sorry to say Molly but that breeze won’t last for much longer.
• When you wake up you are all smiles. Sometimes you have nap face and just need some cuddles but then all smiles. It is lovely!

Molly Grace, you are my little sunshine. I love you so much! Life just keeps getting better and better with you in it. You make mommy and daddy laugh so much with all the little things that you do. Even though I am exhausted in the morning, when I hear you talking to yourself in your crib letting me know you are awake I can’t wait to see you so I can get that big smile. It starts my day off right. It tugs at my heartstrings like nothing else. I don’t know what I am going to do about that when you are older and doing things you are not supposed to be doing.

Here are some outtake photos that make me laugh.

Oh, so you want me to pose for these pics? I can totally do that, I am a good actress. What do you think about this face?

Or maybe you want my "hold the phone - what!?!" face

No? Maybe my "it's cold in here" face?

Hold on - gotta give a shout out to Daddy

OMG Daddy that was funny

Ok, back to work. What about my chilled out face?

Now you move me to the chair to take more pics? This is getting ridiculous.

Ok - I will give you a smile

I think I am almost done doing this mom

Yeah, I am done

Seriously - you are still taking pictures

Fine but I am outta here!

3 comments:

  1. I like the chair slump series! I wanna kiss those chunky cheeks and legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly is so precious! Liam misses his girlfriend, and I miss y'all too. The captions totally go with each picture. I can't believe Molly is already 3 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahah!!!
    Those pics are fabulous! I did read through it, and think it is amazing that you can function after waking up at least 2x a night! ;-)
    Happy 3 Months Molly Grace!!
    Love,
    Aunt Nanda

    ReplyDelete