That is what I was thinking when last Friday hit. That and quite a few other things..... Danny was out of town on a hunting trip and if things were going to go like the last time Danny went out of town I knew I had an interesting weekend ahead. That theory still stays strong. Friday morning hit and I woke up to a lightly spotted baby. She was still happy for the most part but the rash was only getting worse so we went to the doc. She said she was having an allergic reaction to amoxicillin which she had been taking for a week because of an ear infection. Weird that it took a week for anything to happen. We were told to stop taking the amoxicillin and start taking something else. Great, no problem, the next day everything would be better, right? WRONG! My sister spent the night because I had to wake up super early for a work event. Well, thank goodness she was there because Molly did not sleep well and was up most of the night crying because she was not feeling well. It was a long night for everyone. Since I had to wake up so early I wasn't there when she woke up so I worked for a couple hours then I rushed home to take Molly back to the doctor because the rash went bananas overnight and she was covered from head to toe (the pics below just don't give it justice). She was like one massive red dot who was NOT a happy camper. She was constantly scratching her ears so I thought the ear infection came back but Dr. D said no and still said it was an allergic reaction and it looks like she could be allergic to the second prescription as well. So, potentially allergic to the penicillin family drugs…grreeaaatttttt. Hopefully she will grow out of it because I feel like penicillin is always being prescribed. Oh well, Molly will just have to never get sick or get something else. I vote for the never get sick thing. Anyway, I digress, Saturday night was so much better. She only woke up once and was back to her normal self , the normal self that looks like a cheetah that is. I can say that the dots are starting to fade, starting key word but we are making progress. But poor baby.....it was a long weekend but I was thankful for all my help! When people say it takes a village....they ain't lyin!
Sunday night- spots fading, smiling and eating dinner....it was a good night. :)
Spring Recap
8 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment