Thursday, May 6, 2010

Flooding

With all the flooding going on in Tennessee, which is awful by the way! It does remind me of when my neighborhood flooded just last April. Every morning Danny leaves for work as I wake up for work. Well this particular morning he walked out and walked right back in and said "looks like we will not be going to work today". Of course my reaction, being half asleep, was a moan of "what are you talking about" while putting a pillow over my face not wanting to wake up. If you can't tell I am not a morning person. Danny finally gets me out of bed and we venture outside and as I take my step outside having no idea what I am going to see I realize my feet are soaked. "What????" was my thought process. As I look around the corner I see water everywhere. We were one of the lucky houses that didn't get flooding damage but the poor lady just 2 doors down lost all of her wood flooring because water drenched her house. As were outside we see floating trash cans coming down the stream, we call our street, clearly far away from the house they belong to. It was so bizzare. Of course our dogs loved frolicing around in the water. Everything finally subsided around noon and we were able to go into work as though it was a normal day.


The bayou next to our house
down our street

P.S. I know you are thinking why did you buy this house if the neighborhood floods. Well, of course we looked into that and the neighborhood has never flooded so this was definately some fluke thing.

1 comment:

  1. What? This is in Houston and I see no small children clothed only in diapers playing in the middle of the sewer-laden flood waters?! You must live in the nicest part of town.

    ReplyDelete