So today was the day. Emotionally I was doing pretty good all week. Every time someone would ask "you ok?" and I would say "of course. It is just a routine surgery that takes 5 minutes. No big deal." Well, I thought that until Sunday night and then it became a HUGE deal because it was my baby, my Molly. I lost it as we were putting her to bed, we said a little family prayer and I continued to loose it. So much so that after Danny put her to bed I went back in there to hold her a little longer.
 |
| Waiting to go back to surgery |
But let's get to how she did you don't want to know about my ugly cry. Danny and I woke up at 5am (which no one in their right mind should wake up that early, seriously, 5am is way early) got ready then woke Molly up at 5:40am and just put her right in the car. She wasn't the happiest about being woken up but once we got the car moving she was fine. We arrived at the hospital at 6am, checked in, talked to the anesthesiologist and our ENT (who I love if anyone ever needs a recommendation), signed papers, played with toys and family then 7:30am was there before we knew it and off she went.
 |
| Riding bikes is the best form of distraction |
I cried a little more, went down to get coffee and breakfast tacos then next thing you know my MIL texted us saying she was done. We were gone for 10 minutes, it was crazy fast! We
ran walked calmly back in to meet the doctor he said she did great and we could go back to see her.
 |
| Baby girl just waking up. I am not sure what kind of face I am making - sorry you have to see that |
She was NOT happy when we went back there. Her eyes weren't open but she was-a-screaming/crying. Poor baby. I just held her as she went back and forth between crying and staring off into space. We stayed in the PACU for about 30 minutes while she was coming out of the anesthesia then we left.
 |
| On our way home. You know you are a mom when you have throw up all over your shoulder and you just throw a blanket over you to cover it up. |
 |
| Finally able to sleep on the way home |
She napped in the car then once we got home she ate some food - finally - and it was like magic - she was totally back to normal. We spent the rest of the day playing the only thing that was off was that she was a little wobbly but don't worry she didn't let that stop her from doing anything!
 |
| Swinging makes everything better! |
 |
| Playing with the hose outside |
Yea!! Glad everything went well and that YOU survived! Molly is one tough little cookie. :)
ReplyDeleteAwww!!! Love that video!! She is such a happy baby girl! :-) Such a trooper, too!
ReplyDelete