Sunday, March 24, 2013

Froberg's Farm

Yesterday we decided to take a little trip to a little strawberry farm.

Totally worth the drive (45 min - 1 hour away). Molly was in heaven. Why I dressed her in a white shirt is beyond me. By the end of it she was wearing the strawberries because of course a 1 year old has no patience and she NEEDED to eat the strawberries right after she picked them! There is no such thing as picking them and them checking out so she made us we let her eat some while we were picking. M can be very convincing so to keep her from just sitting down and chowing down we had to give her something to hold onto which just so happened to be a strawberry and, well, you are smart enough to know what she does with those. It was the only way to keep her moving. It wasn't like she ate a ton and we bought enough for a family of five so I think we covered her cost. Anyway, it is a really cute place so I definitely recommend you make it a little family field trip.
Ok, so what do I do?
Sounds good. I think I can do it.
Just pick'em and stick'em in the bucket.
Yeah, ummm. Why do we need buckets?
Ok mom, I will try my best to just hold the strawberry.
Apparently, not gonna happen. (Side note: her arm rolls look kinda like mine....looks like I need to start working out. STAT!)
Walk over to daddy, nah. I'm just fine eating my strawberry.
Hmmm which one do I want next

A little family pic after the picking.
Clearly she wasn't trying to conceal her eating habit.

Keep her walking, keep her walking. Time to go.
Say what?!? Look at all this red deliciousness. 
Our little strawberry.
Did you know riding an armadillo could be this fun! I know.....you are jealous.

Giddy up raccoon. 
 All in all it was a good time. They also have a farmer's market with fresh veggies and fruits so we stocked up on some things. Now, if only she would start to enjoy long car rides we would be golden. And am I the only one that bought these "pickles" below thinking they were already pickles?!? Surely I am not the only one that thinks that right? I mean, I at least the thought crossed my mind that it was kinda weird they were out with all the other veggies and not canned. :) Maybe I need to get out more. 
Our loot. 
And here is the strawberry pie that I made with our excessive amounts of picked strawberries. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I LOVE that idea! We have a Neal's Berry Farm by our house that we are ready to take the nieces/nephews to!
    Mommy, How can you deny little Molly of just a LITTLE taste ;-) hahah-
    PS- Umm.... YUMM!! Look at you Suzy Homemaker!
    that pie looks DELISH... I think you should make us some next time we hang out... thanks and gig em!

    ReplyDelete