Sunday, March 17, 2013

14 Months

I know, I know. Super late in posting this. You turned 14 months on the 13th and it is now the 17th. I am behind. Does it count that I have quite a few posts in draft format? I just need to finish them and post them. Here's your info and some pics from the last month since I didn't take 14 mo pics.
Oh and....say a little prayer for Miss Molly. Tomorrow (Monday the 18th) she is having tubes put in her ears. The ENT and Dr. D decided it was best because little girl was having so many ear infections. So tomorrow at 7:30am is the big day.
Cool cat

Clothes:
  • 18 month clothes
  • diaper: size 4
  • shoe: 4.5
Sleeping: You still nap from 1-3pm and go to bed around 7-7:30pm then wake up around 7:30-8am although for the past 2 weeks you have strangely been waking up at night (and yes we do give you a bottle because, well, it is so easy and you go right back to sleep but I know we need to stop that) then sleeping in until about 8-8:30am - sometimes I have to wake you up because I gotta go to work. 

Eating: You drink 3 sippy cups of milk with your meals and eat 1-2 snacks a day (sometimes you don't eat a morning snack).  You are a tricky eater in that you are not the biggest fan of meat just yet and you stopped being a fan of veggies unless you are at school. Man! Why don't you scarf them down for me? It counts that you get them at least 2 days a week right?!? I do try and add them in for most dinners whether it is in the sauce, or noodles (I only buy the veggie noodles which sounds gross to me but I can't tell the difference so whatev and that means that Danny is getting veggies because Lord knows Danny doesn't eat vegetables unless they are snuck in).
What?!? You mean I can't wear this to school?
New Tricks: Oh man, it is CRAZY just how much you change each month. You understand soooo much. You know what it means when I say it is time for dinner/lunch/breakfast and you go straight to your chair. You can point to your nose, mouth, bellybutton, feet, toes and hands. You are starting to talk a lot. You mimic noises that I make. You can point to birds in a book when I ask where the birds are. 

Words: uh-oh, mamma, dada, do (dog), ba (ball), owl, harli (our dog) and you came home from school saying mmmoooommmmyyy, mmooommyyy, mmmooommyyy one day and I love it!  

Teeth: Still 8, four on top and four on the bottom but your gums are so swollen and you will have new teeth before you know it.
Please notice the cowboy boots - that she never wants to take off!
Likes: Books, you grab a book and bring it to someone then turn around to sit in your lap so you can read the book. It is the only time you will just sit and cuddle. Is it creepy that stare at your little hands, the back of your head and just soak it in and smell you? You love getting on your car and horsey now that you can do it by yourself. Dancing, you have always liked this but now you just bust a move even when there is no music - quite amusing. Swinging, seriously you will swing for hours and if we stop the swing and even insinuate that we are about to get you out you freak out to keep swinging. You are obsessed! And of course, being outside and the dogs are still your all time fav. It is like you think Rocki will read you a book because you just go up to her, turn around and just plop down on her face. You think it is hysterical.

Dislikes: Not going outside and that is really it. Thankfully you have not thrown anymore fits or at least serious ones. There are a few times where you act like you are trying to throw a fit but then you look around and are like, "Nah, I am not gonna do that. Where's my car." Thank goodness!
Nothing like finding a secret hiding spot and reading a good book.

Molly, oh, Molly, you are a honest to goodness hot mess but I love it. You are so much fun to be around. You are a ham, that is for sure. You act shy around people but then want their attention. You constantly keep me on my toes and teach me new things all the time. You are teaching me to look at life in a new way. You are still getting into EVERYTHING and I am always redirecting you or saying no. One huge thing you have made me learn is how to meal plan. I know this sounds silly but people will tell you that I wasn't the biggest cook. I mean before you came along daddy and I would eat sandwiches for dinner most nights and then when there was literally NOTHING in the fridge or pantry or we were tired of sandwiches we would go out. Now, I have to actually grocery shop (you couldn't have paid me to do this before) and plan because when I get home from work (or even the days I am home it is not like I have tons of time on my hands) I have to whip up a quick, nutritious dinner by 6pm so we can eat as a family. It is pretty challenging to cook when there is a little person hanging onto my leg wanting me to play. Growing up we always ate as a family and that is something that I think is important and want to do with our little family. So, it is a giant leap for mankind that I grocery shop, plan for the week and cook meals every night. I am sure daddy is thanking you, well maybe, I cook with vegetables and he doesn't like those so much but we have already covered that.
Oh and for those of you that are on pins and needles about weather or not we got the house. Well, we didn't. After a weekend of going back and forth and us going above asking price, yes crazy, but that is how much we wanted it, another bidder decided they would pay in cash! What?!? Who does that....rich people problems. Seriously. It is ok - our house is out there somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa!!! All of a sudden she is looking like a BIG girl! Time needs to slow down! Hope all went well today. We are thinking about y'all!

    ReplyDelete