Sunday, November 13, 2011

Molly's Tea Party

This past Saturday Molly was blessed enough to have another shower. It was so much fun. These three long time friends of mine were the hostesses. Erin, Katie and Nanda - thank you ladies so much. Everything was wonderful!

Now let's get started on all the details. Here is the invitation that went out that started the whole theme of the tea party.

Here you will find the delicious food table with fruit skewers, and mini sandwiches and this amazing shrimp thing. It was all SO GOOD! There were also all these gorgeous flower arrangements in these vintage tea cans.



Just look at this dessert, three different kinds, all in tea cups. There was strawberry shortcake, gingerbread with lemon pudding and then chocolate cake with cappuccino whip cream. They were all delish!


There was a "onsie station" where you decorated either tie-dye or plain white onsies. Such a cute idea and I can't wait for her to be hip and cool with personalized onsies. :) With a mom like me she is totally bound to be "hip and cool" , right?!? Do people even say those words together anymore......

Here are some of the ladies that were at the shower.



Then we moved onto the gifts. Everything was so great! Here are only some of the cute outfits that Molly got. She also got some great toys (i.e. she got these bath cows that have dirt spots on them and once in the water Molly has to wash them off and the dirt goes away - clever!) and some much needed necessities. Aunt Jenna also made this cute owl art for her room but I will show you that once I finalize the nursery and take you on a virtual tour. :) Also, take a look at this cute diaper cake that matches her nursery perfectly.


Now, before I could open each gift I had to answer a question that the hostesses tied to each gift. I thought it was a really cute idea so I have started another blog post with answers to some of those questions.

Once the shower was over my mom, sister and Katie came over to help me put everything away and get organized. When I got home Danny and his dad put the glider and ottoman in the nursery. I was so excited when my mom told me they bought it and it was on the way! Here is a little sneak peek.

I am far too blessed to have all these people want to help celebrate little Molly's arrival. I can't thank everyone enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment