Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy birthday shout out and did someone say halfway there???

First off I need to let everyone know that it is my dad's birthday! Not just any birthday but the big 6-0!!!!! I can't believe it. His big bday gift was something that is near and dear to all aggies and he lost what was so near and dear to him when we were in Norway. So, my mom got him a new one. We celebrated some at Inks Lake, this past Saturday and then of course today, on his birthday. Dad we love you so much and you are a wonderful example of how a father should be. I can't wait to see you in your new role as a Pappa! love you dad.



I cannot believe we are 20 weeks with 20 weeks to go. It is so much to process that this little bambino will be here before we know it. Everything has been kinda slow I feel like up until now I have just been researching baby stuff and now I have to kick it high gear on figuring out the nursery. Man oh man. So, we all know that last time we visited the doctor the little baby was just not ready to tell mommy and daddy what she/he was. Well, we were able to get an appointment for this past Friday (8/19) to try again. As soon as she put the doppler thing on my belly she said oh you are 99.99% having a little ......... :) That part is still a secret until we are able to tell everyone. Once we have I will have to post the videos cause they are super cute! As for now I will leave you with a belly picture and updated stats.


how far along? 20 weeks exactly
how are you measuring? Big! The doc said I was measuring 25cm which means 25 weeks. The baby is still 20 weeks and there could be a lot of reasons that my belly is bigger than normal, could be the amount of fluid, the way the placenta is positioned, etc. If it is still big next time we will figure out the reason. I have been measuring big the whole time though, so nothing new.
size of baby? According to thebump.com our baby is 6.5 inches long and 10.6 oz, the size of a cantaloupe
heartbeat? 146 bpm (at our 20 week appointment)
total weight gain/loss? + 5 lbs as of 20 weeks which the doctor is amazed by so I am ok with it
maternity clothes? Yes, Jenna and I went on a shopping spree for work clothes this weekend. P.S. just in case anyone wants to know and mainly because it mad be so mad everyone else should be just as mad as me :) We went to the Macy's one day sale on Saturday to buy clothes (fyi that means I trekked it to the mall on tax free weekend, first of all to get me to go in a mall is a big deal let alone on tax free weekend) anyway I got all these clothes brought them up to the counter with all my Macy's coupons and she told me that Motherhood and Pea in the Pod brands do not accept any Macy's coupons! WHAT you have got to be kidding me, you guys don't have any other brands for me to pick from and this was the only reason I came today, to the mall, with all these other people, just wow. So needless to say I had to put back a lot of clothes.
stretch marks? No, and I am praying they don't come
sleep? I wake up once pr twice a night to go potty
best moment this week? Finding out the gender and surprising everyone.
movement? I started feeling a little somethin somethin on Friday but haven't since
food cravings? I would say fruit would be it.
gender predictions? We know what it is.... :)
what i miss? Sleeping through a whole night.
what I'm looking forward to? Really being able to feel it kick and figuring out the nursery. Jenna has got it all planned out so it looks like I am just along for the ride. :)
how are you feeling? Really great!!!

1 comment:

  1. A BIG WHOOP for Uncle Randy! And how cute are you?!?! You've got the pregnant glow!

    ReplyDelete