Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gender Reveal

As you know from the last post we found out what we were having a week ago. It looks like we are having a little baby GIRL! We are super excited and can't wait to get all those big bows, well, maybe the big bow part is just me but I am sure Danny will love them just as much. :) Now, we had quite a few reveal moments which I will explain all below.

Let me just start out by saying we were supposed to find out the gender this past Monday (Aug 22) but we were able to move the appointment up for the Friday before, August 19th. It started that night when we met up with the Kay, Gary, Kyle and Steph at a little pizzeria. We brought Crave cupcakes with little pink rattles on top to tell everyone. So naturally, because there was this huge secret they wanted to start with dessert first. The reactions were great as you can see for yourself below.

Untitled from Lauren Struzick on Vimeo.





So, now we move on to Saturday lunchtime. Jenna had to go back to Baylor so we celebrated my dad's birthday a day early during lunch. No one in my family knew that we had been to the appointment so they didn't know we knew. I was the one in charge of bringing the birthday cake which turned out to be perfect because I told them I got a chocolate cake but really got a pink strawberry cake. So, we are singing happy birthday (note to self, when recording the recorder person should NOT sing, sorry about that) my dad cuts open the cake, they initially think that the bakery made the wrong cake and then it clicks, OMG this wasn't a mistake they are having a girl! It was priceless.

Untitled from Lauren Struzick on Vimeo.




Now, on Tuesday I had dinner with what I call the baby group. We started going to dinner together before there were babies but now almost everyone has a little baby. We get together about once a month to just talk about life and babies. I love it! So, I did the cupcake thing for them as well. I brought my camera but didn't get to take any pics so I will just have to tell you about the reveal. All the girls have thier cupcake boxes and are about to open when I start telling them how we told my family. Mistake! I talk about how they cut into the cake, think it is the wrong cake because it was supposed to be chocolate and it was strawberry and it took everyone a second to figure out why. There was a bit of silence with the girls and then Liz says "so you are having a girl?" OMG epic fail! I told them before they even got to open the cupcakes. We laughed so hard, it was hilarious. It was so cute because Candace had a little boy gift and a little girl gift. The girl gift has the cutest little polka dot panty hose and little head bows. Super cute!

Now, for the final reveal party if you will. My friend Nanda was nice enough to host a little somethin somethin at her house. It was most of the core group of college friends. She decorated with the theme of "what's it gonna bee". Super cute. There were little yellow touches all over the house. Everyone had to vote on the gender when they walked in and they either wore pink or blue bandanas depending on what they thought. Of course I walk in and Darrell says something like "oh is it kicking?" and i respond with "she is kicking". OMG again, i did it again???!!!! WOW, first words when I get there I reveal it is a little girl. Atleast only Darrell and KK heard. So we mingle, I try my hardest to keep my mouth shut and just answer yes or no questions. We finally eat dinner and then we move to the living room where we play a little game first to see if all the little wives tales are true. It turns out the majority of them were correct because most of them came out girl. Finally, it is here, we can find out! We make a little phone call to Erin who lives in Dallas and then everyone bites into the cupcakes and it's a GIRL! It was a fun night. Here are some pics from the party. :)







Now we have to start cracking on the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment