Monday, September 17, 2012

8 months old - O.M.G.

I swear every month goes by in a blink of an eye! We have been busy with a sick little girl and a big 6-0 birthday for Mimzie (my mom)! So a couple days late, here is Molly’s 8 month post.

• You are wearing size 3 diapers and size 9-12 month clothing.
• You are still taking 2 naps a day. The first one can be anywhere from 45 min – 1.5 hours and your afternoon nap is about 2 hours. Sometimes, if you have had a long day at school you will take a 30 min nap in the car.
• You have mastered the skill of completely sitting up on your own from a laying down position. You had been using your hand as a crutch, but not anymore!
• You have 2 bottom teeth and your top two teeth have made their debut and are about half way down.
• You babble all the time….mamamma…..dadada and you totally say dog. Every time when we are gone and come back home as soon as you see Harli and Rocki you say “do, do, do”.
• You slept through the night 4 nights in a row and Daddy and I were so excited but then you got sick and went back to waking up once a night, sometimes twice! But last night you slept until 6am so hopefully we are on our way back to sleeping through the night. You are still going to bed between 7-7:30pm and waking up b/w 7-8am.
• Likes: dogs of course, you chase them around the house and laugh, laugh, laugh, playing peekaboo, jumping after bath time, jumping in general, walks, being in grass, your lovie (crack up every time you see it and you give it a big cuddle), crawling – you like to go! go! go! You love being the center of attention…..I think we might be creating a diva!
• Dislikes: changing your diaper, putting on clothes – it is like herding a cat! You do NOT like to be on your back. Definitely don’t like eye drops, you really work your lungs when we do that but as soon as we pick you up you are totally fine. I think you are working a tude girl!
• Food is a whole other topic. You have not so much embraced the deliciousness that is food (and I have made you some good stuff!). You react the same way to the food I make and jarred food, which is ew. All you like is rice cereal and how nasty is that! We have given you some table food and that is not happening either. You just gag it up. Oh Molly….we will just keep trying.
• You have shown signs of separation anxiety. So far you are ok when I drop you off at school and church but there are times that you do NOT want me to put you down or if I leave the room you get some kind of cranky.

My little chicken nugget, you make me sooooo happy. Even though you wear me and daddy out – like for real – you totally wear us out because you just go and go and go and never want to sit still you are the best thing that has ever happened to us. I can’t imagine loving anything or anyone more. You smile all day long and we are truly blessed to have such a happy baby. I love you little bird.

The much loved outtakes:

How long do I have to sit here?!?

Um, what is dad trying to do?

OK - he is kinda funny.

OK - I give in, he is really funny.

You know you can't keep me here - right.....

What is this?

That sticky stuff kinda tickles

Oops!

Oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment