skip to main |
skip to sidebar
First Day of School
Today was the day I was a hot mess (and for the record so was Danny). Danny was nice enough to accompany me in dropping Molly off this morning because I think he knew the mess that I would turn into. First of all, let me start off with Molly slept through the night (yay!). Well, woke up at 6am but that was close enough. She did go back to sleep until 7:30am but the point is our schedule was thrown off a little bit With the resiliency of babies it was just fine. We drove up to her school, I took a deep breathe before getting out of the car telling myself that I was the little train that could “I think I can, I think I can”. We walked in with a diaper bag, another bag with the items that are staying at the school, my purse, folders with papers I had to turn in and of course Molly. We definitely looked like the new kids. We walked in her room and her teacher was so excited to see Molly and Molly seemed equally excited because she put her arms out like “ok I will go play with you” and she looked at me like “what is the big deal mom”. I say my goodbye and turn to look at Danny and his face is all red and there are tears in his eyes. I was like what are you doing???? You are supposed to be supporting me but alas I guess it was just as emotional for him as it was for me. Then we said a couple more goodbyes in the window and left. I got in my car and let out my ugly cry cried just a little more. It was not a pretty site for all the passerbys. I got to work and only made one call to check on her to see how she was doing then I went to pick her up at 1pm. Yes, I took a half day, more for me than her because she needed me and when I got there she was fast asleep. So I went to grab lunch and when I came back she was happy as a clam and ready to play. Her teachers just went on and on with how good she was. She didn’t fuss at all and they couldn’t believe it. She took two short naps, played in the exersaucer and they said her favorite thing was sitting in front of the mirror where she laughed and laughed and laughed. Of course this was good news and made me happy so we took a short trip to Target to commemorate the day. Molly had other plans though, she decided that she needed to do her business on the way so I say ok, I will change her in the changing room. No big deal. Well we get in the room and I looked in my bag and all my diapers were gone! Luckily I hadn’t already opened the bomb that was awaiting me so I very gently picked her up and went to the diaper isle, grabbed a bag, went back to the room where I put on my hazmat suit and changed her diaper. After the clean up process was done we enjoyed a little shopping trip then came home, ate some cereal, played and talked about her day and then took a forever long nap. Oh and yes, I did buy the diapers in case you were wondering. All in all, I think it was a good day.
Cheesin for the camera
That flash is too bright!
On our big shopping extravaganza post explosion
Telling mommy about my day
Lauren - there is NO WAY Molly is six months old! It sounds like she did great at school and you did great too :-)
ReplyDeleteEmail me ASAP and we will have a play date! meganalicem @ gmail.com I also have to tell you about a run in I had the other day with Peri from the City Club, of all people!
so sweet! love it :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for making me CRY Turtle!! However, I appreciate the clarification about the diapers... I was wondering indeed :-)
ReplyDelete