Friday, September 9, 2011

Move over red velvet

There is a new favorite in town! Danny and I went on a date night tonight and decided to venture inside the loop. We both work inside the loop so we generally don't go out that direction on the weekends. Well, tonight we got a wild hair! We started out at Nidda's, a super authentic Thai restaurant. I had to get the baby used to some different food and Danny is still, yes you read correctly, STILL obsessed with yellow curry. I know you all are thinking, Danny liking something other than the basic food categories, American, Italian and Mexican??? Oh yes my friends, we have branched out and he is loving it. Next I have to get him to fall in love with Indian food because that stuff is good! Anyway, moving on to the star of the blog post, the new favorite cake. Hold the phone, gotta go back to dinner. So while we are there Danny about falls out of his chair because his idol was eating in the same restaurant. Oh my! Not sure if everyone knows him but it was Michael Berry, a radio talk show host here in Houston who talks about non other than Danny's favorite subject, politics. Pretty much the entire dinner he was making googly eyes at him wishing he could work up the nerve to go say something. Oh Danny.....you make me laugh. :)

OK so now I am really moving on. After dinner we stopped at Empire Cafe to get some dessert well O.M.G. Everyone has got to try this. It is basically heaven on earth, which is not a good thing to give a pregnant lady because I can see it being a craving. It is called Tollhouse Crunch and it is the most delicious cake I have ever had in my life. For every holiday I am just going to go ahead and serve this because man is it worth it. It is the most moist yellow cake you have ever eaten, 3 layers I might add, baked with brown sugar and soft chocolate morsels throughout and layered with chocolate frosting. Perfection.

Just thought I would let everyone know in case you are wanting something divine.

1 comment:

  1. Get in as many date nights as you can!! We did a lot but wish we had done more. So go on and get yourself some more of that cake!

    ReplyDelete