Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hawaii Part III - Post Wedding

After the wedding we relaxed one more day in Maui then headed off to Honolulu. Totally two different places. Oahu is much more urban and Maui is much more serene. Now, I am a huge people watcher. Put me in a little cafe in Italy and I am the happiest camper around, just watching people wondering where they are going, what they are doing, their life stories, etc. As long as there is a gelato stand nearby that is my kind of vacation! Honolulu didn't have any gelato but the people watching was glorious and I mean glorious. So many people from all over the world. Anyway, once we arrived at our hotel, right across from the beach I might add, we put on our swimsuits and went to the beach. While there wasn't any snorkeling it was much better for swimming. I wasn't scared the waves would eat Molly alive. But, I didn't really need to worry about that because she stayed in for .2 seconds and then she was done and just wanted to chase the pigeons around. Pigeon chasing was a bit of a theme the whole time we were in HI.
Bye Bye Maui
A little people watching
Bring on the beach (and more people watching)
The next day we headed out to Pearl Harbor. It was great. Completely different experience with a toddler I am sure but it was still moving. I am very interested in WW2 and everything about it because, well, it was such a huge event but also both my grandfathers were heroes in the war.
Where the USS Arizona was laid to rest.
All the heroes that lost their lives
"Mom, what in the world do you think you are doing?"
Yeah.....pigeons - see what I mean, different experience for us with a little one

After that we napped then walked around the city.
The tree is this big!
Like HUGE!
Mom, I just wanna lay in the sand.
Little father daughter talk
Having a serious conversation with Papa.
The next day it was time to leave but we had the whole day until our plane left so naturally we headed to the zoo because M LOVES animals.
Cool cats
CHEESE!
Pat pat the goat Mommy?!?!
Sad to see our last sunset in Hawaii.....until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment