Looking through these pics makes me want to go back so badly and also makes me rethink why we decided to live in Houston.
Let's start with the rehearsal dinner. It just so happened to be on Halloween which was weird and nice because 1. the whole day I completely forgot that it was Halloween and 2. I didn't have to worry about a costume this year. The rehearsal was quick and painless. We all met at the golf course, ran through the itinerary and then hightailed it out of there to get to the dinner which just so happened to be a traditional luau. Before everything got started they had various stations where you could learn to hula, play the instruments, watch the pig being cooked under the sand, etc. It was nice. It gave Molly time to run around and explore before having to be contained during the show. Once the huge buffet was ready everyone got their food and settled in for the show. It was really neat and I couldn't believe the girls actually wore coconuts, if you know what I mean. It was a lot of fun and here are the pics.
 |
| The soon to be newlyweds |
 |
| And the pig |
 |
| She loved this |
 |
| Brothers |
 |
| Dancers |
 |
| Molly, I see you looking at that. You will NEVER wear that outfit. |
 |
| Various ways to keep her entertained during the performance |
Friday, November 1st was the special day. We woke up headed to the bridal breakfast at a delicious cafe right on the beach. The food was so good. I am salivating just thinking about it. After that we headed to Jenna's condo to start getting dolled up. Then before I knew it, it was time to head to the Plantation House for the wedding. She got married on a golf course over looking the beach...swoon....why did I decide to get married in Houston again?!? Oh and to top it off the most beautiful rainbow showed up that afternoon. Molly was one of the 5 flower girls and she was the only one that didn't want to walk down the isle (granted she was the youngest) so I carried her down with me. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful/beautiful the wedding was. Jenna was stunning - seriously stunning. I am crying typing this because I was such an emotional mess watching my baby sister getting married. I cried the entire ceremony. They wrote their own vows which was just too much for me = hot mess. The reception was fantastic and a blast. M was a dancing queen until she hit her wall which was about 8:30pm. Luckily my in laws took her home early so we could enjoy the rest of the party, and party it was. The personal touches were crazy from the sunglasses to ear during the ceremony to the map at the sign in table showing where all the various guest were coming from (seriously all over the world) to handmade origami swans as the ceremony backdrop. They also had professional dancers teaching people how to fancy dance and a DJ of course for the rest of the night. My dad and sister nailed their dance (even if you could read what count my dad was on ;)). The whole evening was exhausting, exciting, fun, happy and thebestnightever all at the same time. I highly recommend getting married in HI.
 |
| Bridal lunch girls |
 |
| Mom getting ready |
 |
| Oh Cherry - it's getting emotional |
 |
| The beautiful bride |
 |
| Like seriously beautiful |
 |
| The ceremony set up |
 |
| Mawwied |
 |
| Bride side of the family |
 |
| The wedding party |
 |
| Flower girls and ring bearers |
 |
| "I can't believe they got married baby emem. One day I will have a wedding like that." |
 |
| Boys being boys |
 |
| The Struzick clan showin up in style ;) |
 |
| The in-laws |
 |
| Playing around before the reception |
 |
| Classic |
 |
| Oh these two - the parentals |
 |
| A little family pic |
 |
| All the guests |
 |
| One, two, three.....nailed it |
 |
| More father daughter dancing |
 |
| Dancing queen! |
 |
| Saying night night to aunt nenna - and getting a little lick of the icing |
 |
| Clean up the next day |
No comments:
Post a Comment