Friday, November 15, 2013

22 months. The countdown begins.


I wrote this on the 13th, so pretend like it is please. 

Today means there are only 2 more months until I have a 2 year old. Molly Grace, where did the time go. Sometimes when you look at me I feel like my little baby is looking up at me needing me and then other times I see you working so independently and you look like a 15 year old. It is crazy, just crazy.
All dressed up for your 22nd birthday.
 Clothes:
  *   You are for the most part graduated out of 18 mo. clothing and are mainly wearing 24 mo. and 2T.
  *   diaper: still size 5 
  *   shoe: 6w 

Sleeping: Same thing. Nap from 1ish-3ish. Go to bed 7:30-7:45pm and wake up around 7:30am. I will add that when you came back from Hawaii you were going to bed at 7:30ish and waking up at 9am! Say what?!? It was glorious. And you took your normal nap. You did that for 4 days. It was a nice recharge because that means that I slept until 9am as well. :)

Eating: Still a good eater. Your fav foods are jellybeans, fruit snacks and lollipops - not in that order. We introduced lollipops on the trip and well, you were hooked with your first lick. I guess that is what I get knowing who your daddy is and the fact that your Pop's nickname is "candy man". I will say in the non candy category you are liking broccoli, mac&cheese, carrots, oranges, edemame, grilled cheese and crackers.
Celebrating with a trip to the bounce house.
New Tricks: I guess the biggest thing here is that you are pretty much potty training yourself. Since we have been back you are obsessed with wearing your big girl panties and going potty on  your big girl potty. You have done it at least 3 times a day. I know I need to jump on your bandwagon and start the training and I will, eventually. :)

Words: This month you have really been using full sentences vs. just 2 to 3 words when you are talking. Pretty much everyday daddy and I looked at you in shock that you knew how to string that sentence together. It is seriously amazing how much you learn everyday. I picked you up the school the other day and you came up to me and said "Mommy, nice to meet you." Umm ok, nice to meet you to Molly. Also, when you are trying to figure something out you are always saying, "let's see" which means I must say that a lot. In new news, you have started to add in 4, 5 and 6 when counting to 10. Way to go M!

Teeth: Your teeth are still good and no new ones yet (you have your back molars that need to come in). You are not a fan of brushing your teeth. Daddy has to hold you in his arms and I somehow have to finagle the toothbrush in your sealed shut mouth.
Just hanging out with mom.
Likes: Anything that has to do with your baby and pushing a stroller. You will push your stroller around and around the house all day long. You also love puzzles. I need to get you some more of these. You LOVE books and now you are trying to use those against us at night. You have always been the easiest baby to put to bed. While you are still pretty easy this past week you have wanted to read books before prayers and you don't want to stop. We say no more and then you give us those puppy dog eyes and we cave in and read one more. I know we need to stop that because, well, we are falling into your traps but we can't seem to resist those eyes and books. Bounce houses and slides. Love them. A lot. Oh, and, anything that has to do with animals you love. Giraffes and elephants in particular. I must mention that you love Harli and Rocki especially chasing them around the house. They are not huge fans.

Dislikes: Well, you don't like when something doesn't happen exactly when you want it to happen.....sound like a diva.....Molly???? Nooooo. Not Molly. ;) Brushing your teeth definitely falls into this category. When we have to take your stroller away we might as well have cut off your arm. You even NEED to sleep with your stroller which you can't do so we "park" it outside your crib so you can watch it as you sleep just to make sure someone doesn't come randomly take it. Heaven forbid!
In my warm tiger jammies.
My little chicken nugget, Molly Grace. You are truly my little buddy. I love hanging out with you. It is so fun to have conversations with you because they are not just one sided anymore. You are constantly cracking everyone up with things you are saying or doing. You are a really happy girl and always smiling. There are some big changes coming up in our future like selling the only house you have known so far in your little life and buying our new house.

1 comment:

  1. I totally just cried!! Oh, Molly I cannot believe you are almost out of the 2s!!! Love you bunches!!
    Love that you have to "park" the stroller… hahahah:-)

    ReplyDelete