Sunday, September 15, 2013

20 Months - Another Friday the 13th

Since you were born on Friday the 13th, I find it to be a lucky day. I mean......4 months Molly, 4 months. I am not ready for that so let me just focus on the here and now. Oh and FYI, just in case anyone was wondering about time out. Well, you still put yourself in time out when you know you did something wrong so clearly that is not going to work with you. Sigh.....
 Clothes:
  *   You are still 18-24 month clothes but slowly you are getting out of 18 mo.
  *   diaper: size 5 - I finally upped this  
  *   shoe: 6w - we finally moved up in shoes and you got your first pair if tennis shoes and oh my you call them your "fast shoes" and you just run all the time while you are wearing them.

Sleeping: Same thing. Nap from 1ish-3ish. Go to bed 7:30-7:45pm and wake up around 7:30am.
Eating: Same thing here. You are starting to eat more veggies and I have definitely started hiding more, even Daddy can't taste it.

New Tricks: I am not even sure what to say here. It is not really a trick but kinda funny. You refer to yourself in the 3rd person all the time and your name is Molly Grace unless you are mad then you just say Molly.

Words: Let's see. You are still saying funny words but I can't remember any new ones that I didn't say last month. Our counting is still a little rough but getting there. It is "one, two, three, seven, eight, nine, ten". You like to count a lot and randomly throughout the day. Oh and regarding colors......yeah.....everything is pink. I was a little nervous you were colorblind for a little bit (you know if you are a mom you would freak out as well, just one of those things....freaking out about everything) but I was assured that you cannot be because it is genetic and she said green the other day when actually talking about green. You are blowing me away with your sentences. I can tell your brain is working much faster than you can form words because you do a lot of "ah,ah,ah,ah" then the rest of the sentence comes out. You are putting 3-5 words together.
Teeth: You have a mouth full of teeth. You hate it when I brush your teeth which is a bit of a challenge for me. I am not sure how to make it fun for you because you can't really brush them yourself. We were supposed to go to your first dentist appt this past week but they called the cancel because a transformer blew and they had no power. I really need to reschedule. Regarding the biting, after you "tasted" everyone in your class you decided you didn't want to bit anymore which makes me really happy but we came home with one too many notes from the teacher.

Likes: Popsicles, no surprise here. Jellybeans are making a comeback. Your stroller is still a big hit and a huge point on contention when other people want to play with it. Looking at pictures on my phone, specifically Teddy and Bentley (my cousin's dogs), Bobby jumping (skydiving) and the video where we are singing happy birthday to Papa. You must be helping me no matter what I am doing. You need to be doing it as well. It makes cooking a messy experience. Oh and dancing! You love it.

Dislikes: Sharing. It's an issue. We are working on it. Brushing your teeth. Coming inside, but that is not really a big surprise. I basically have to bribe you to come back in. You will do the same thing one day MG! It is hot out there!

Oh MG. You make my heart smile. I love hanging out with you. We actually have some really fun/interesting conversation these days since you understand and communicate a crazy amount. You have such a sweet spirit and you make me laugh constantly. I love you little goose.

1 comment:

  1. love those pics! the timeout thing cracks me up. Maddie will ask if she should go to timeout if she even hears me with a stern voice, which of course melts my heart and then we all forget what I was being stern about. :)

    ReplyDelete