skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A little bit of this and a little bit of that
- We have been having a ton-o-fun on my days off lately. Wednesday we went back out to the zoo with Candace and Liam. The kiddos had a good time playing in the splash pad or just walking around the splash pad which is what M decided was best. One day she will run across the water, she is just a little cautious right now. There was a minor melt down from M when I had to go to the ladies room and she stayed with Candace. I guess when she realized I wasn’t there she freaked out and from there on out I was not allowed to put her down or in the stroller. So my back was killing me but secretly I kinda liked it cause this little girl is so independent is was nice to know that she still needs me. ;)



- Friday we went to the Noah’s Ark splash pad. I know, you might be asking yourself “why are you taking this girl to the splash pad when she doesn’t want to get in the water”. Well, I will tell you. It is nice to be with and meet other stay at home or part time moms and homegirl is gonna have to like, I take that back, LOVE the water since it is ridiculously H-O-T here in h-town and both my parents and in-laws have pools. And she likes the water just not ready to be super brave yet. I don't have any pics from this outing because there were a million people there and the water is pretty deep for a 16 mo. old, it came up to my shins, so I was watching her like a hawk the whole time.

- I am really into reading these days. I guess I go through spurts and since there is no good tv on in the summer I constantly have my nose in my nook. I am not a take my time kinda reader. When I pick up a book I NEED to finish it. I get so enthralled with the story, characters and what is going to happen. I don’t think Danny is the biggest fan because I am so not social but I mean I just can’t put it down. Danny can pick up a book and about a year later be done. I mean if I were to take that long I would have no idea what happens in the book because I would forget! Oh, you what to know what kind of books I read, well, I read all kinds, fiction, non-fiction, biographies, syfy, etc. They do have to bring me in within the first chapter though and I don’t like “thinker” books and I need happy endings unless it is a true story then I need the truth. But I pretty much like my books like I like my movies, fun, entertaining and light (unless again it is true and serious). I am a Cinderella story kind of girl.

- I downloaded this awesome app called “heads up”. It is a game that Ellen plays with guests on her show. It is soooo fun, kind of like catch phrase or something like that. I love it and I love games. Anyone wanna play?
- So, I lost all this weight when I was pumping (30 lbs less than pre baby weight) but I have gained a lot of it back! Grrrrrr. I bought this work out dvd for post baby women (The Dia Method) that help strengthen the core muscles that were lost with baby. We will see…..it also doesn’t help that I like ice cream. A lot. And Danny brought home the new Blue Bell key lime pie flavor…..O-M-G so good but key lime is my fav!!!! Go out and buy it - seriously. You won't regret it, unless you are trying to loose weight and then ugh we are in the same shoes.

- Molly is crazy fun these days. I know I say that often but she is! We have been teaching her to say I love you for a while and well she just started saying it. Thursday morning she was drinking her milk I was getting her lunch ready for school and she came over wanting me to pick her up and of course I did. She then stared at me then leaned in and gave me this huge hug and then said “I lovie” meaning I love you! What?!? Now she might have been saying lovie because she had only just learned to say I love you the night before but she wasn’t reaching for it so I will take it that she said I love you. A moment I will treasure. Oh Molly....

- I should also add that this diva has a mind of her own and she will let you know when and how she wants something. Anyone have any advice and how to not get your toddler to throw their food on the floor. I mean I am stumped. I have taken it away from her, said no and meant it, ignored it thinking she just wanted the rise but still does it. She doesn’t just do it with food she doesn’t like but even with mac and cheese.

- OK, one last thing. I know you are getting bored. But, omg, this girl LOVES and I mean LOVES jelly beans. I only found out because I was eating them one night (see bullet number 5 and you wonder why….grrrr) and left them out. Of course she opened up the tupperware the next morning and spilled them everywhere. I was ferociously picking up the little choking hazards and she got one and was in heaven apparently. So, occasionally I will get them out, shake the tupperware and she comes running! Oh my goodness, the excitement. And then sometimes she will stand at the pantry door saying “jelly, jelly, jelly”.
- Oh and she is doing this super cute thing where when she is completely comfortable she crosses her legs. So cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment