Sunday, January 20, 2013

My Little One Year Old

So I typed this post last Sunday on her birthday....just a little late in posting.

Oh my goodness, Molly Grace you are a one year old. I can't believe how quickly this happened. It was a crazy weekend full of fun, family, friends, tears and throw up. Yeah, throw up but I will get to that in her birthday party post. So much has changed this year. At some points it has been hard, funny (you are quite the humerous little lady), easy, sleepless, fun, trying, exciting, sad, happy but most of all this has been the best year of my life. I couldn't imagine being in a different place, I suppose that is a good thing since I can't really go anywhere. Ha. But seriously Molly Grace, you are a pretty cool little kid and I love you very much!

  •    You are still eating 4, 7oz bottles of formula a day but that will soon change because you will start getting whole milk.
  •    You have officially dropped your morning nap. It happened about a week ago and it is just another sign that you are growing up.
  •  This past month you have become a full time walker, still a little wobbly but definately walk everywhere. You did have your first really big fall where you ate the pavement and scratched up your nose but I am sure you will have more of those so I just have to be ready.
  •     You had 2 ear infections this month which is not good....doc said that you are on watch for potentially getting tubes in your ears.
  •     You reach for things all the time now and just a couple days ago started pointing with your finger.
  •     You say uh-oh all the time and you use it in the right context like when you drop things.
  •     You hold your hands up when you want to be picked up.
  •    You are already musically talented by playing none other than you mouth. You buzz your lips and use your hands to go up and down (I am not sure how else to describe it so that will have to do).
  •      If you have a favorite color I think it would be purple. You always pick out that color whether it is the purple ball in your ball pit or the purple bath square thing, you always choose purple.
  •     You do a lot of things with your left hand so maybe you will be like mommy and be a lefty
  •      Last month you were miss independent and this month you love to be held all the time. I will take it though because I know that one day soon enough you are going to be too big to hold.
  •      Likes: fans, lights, lovie (of course), your bunny you got for Christmas, the dogs, feeding the dogs, bath time, putting things in something and then taking them out…..over and over again (specifically putting golf balls in your flower pot during your bath), being outside
  •      Dislikes: getting your hands and mouth cleaned off after meals, when someone walks away from you when you want to be picked up

We went to the doc on Tuesday so here are your stats. She says you are a growing girl and doing great (except for the ear infection part).
Height - 30.5 inches (89.68%). You have grown 1.9 inches since your 9 month check up. 
Weight - 23lbs 9oz (85.43%). You have gained 2 lbs 6oz since your 9 month check up. 
Head circumference - 18.27 inches (84.95%). Your head grew .51 inches since your 9 month check up. 


My little goose. How time flies. Daddy and I were reminiscing earlier today about what was happening a year ago and I just couldn’t get over the fact that it has been a year since you came into this world and changed our lives forever. You are loved so much and by so many people, your mommy, daddy, uncles and aunts, grandparents, great grandparents, cousins, friends and we want nothing more than for all your hopes and dreams to come true. You will always have people praying for you and thinking about you. You melt my heart little girl and I can’t wait to see your smile every morning. 

One last time for outtakes since I won't be taking monthly pics anymore.....

Seriously....why do you put this sticker on my belly
 You want me to sit as still as a statue?!?
 Well, to get a smile....you are gonna have to work for that.
 Wait, what do you have over there?
 Yeah.....I need that
 If you won't give it to me I will just come get it. Forget this as still as a statue thing!
 Now let's read!
Done reading, you can have the book now mom.
Here's a fun thing......going through the trash!!!

 Anyone need a hanger?
 No?!? Ok, what about a peice of paper?
 Dad - I thought you might need this
 Maybe they won't tell me I can't eat this paper if I sit in the corner with my back to them.

1 comment:

  1. "You hold your hands up when you want to be picked up"
    This literally brought tears to my eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete