Thursday, January 3, 2013

Molly's Nursery Tour


Better late than never, right?!? For the nursery I knew I wanted something soft, gentle and serene. I had an idea in my head and my mom and sister helped me make it a reality. They are the crafty ones in the family. Here is my favorite room in the house!


As you enter this is the wreath that hangs on her door, made with love from my cousin Josie.
Peek-a-boo! Look who was inside.
Looking in through the doorway.
Her walls are a gray color.
The curtains were made by my mom. They have a pink underlay with a white eyelet fabric on top. The ties are pink with white polka dots.
The glider is from Target.
Home made curtains
I found the window at an antique mall in Houston and painted it white and added a little blue owl on the glass.
The bird cage and side table were both painted by my sister. This is what I wanted for my night light when I was up late with the wee one.
 Every girl needs a pair of pink sparkly TOMS.
My favorite. This tree was painted by non other than my sister. I wanted something soft and serene and I think she nailed it. The beanbag on the side is her book nook.
I bought her bedding from Carousel Designs and I am that first time mom that needed the crib skirt and the bumpers to have the complete look and now I know why they say it isn't necessary. I used it for about 3 months and then never again. But it is pretty and I still love it. It is gray and pink damask.
This pillow was given to Molly on the last day of VBS and the bunny is from Aunt Nenna.
Book nook and monthly picture photo op studio
I bought the changing table from a resale shop and Jenna and Reece painted it. It was originally wood color, then they painted it white and then added a teal overlay so they could sand sections to get the vintage look.
The pictures were made by my sister....do you see a pattern here.
This mirror was painted by Jenna and used at my baby shower. You can now see all the finger marks from Molly. This is where she has pretty intense conversations with herself.
This is the wall next to the changing table. 
Those were shoes that I wore as a little girl.
I bought that bird before I knew I was having a girl or boy. I just fell in love with it and had to have it.
The dress was made for my dad before my Grandmother knew she was having a boy.
Her step stool that holds her sound machine. This was a great find from my MIL.
I bought the light fixture online and my mom made the shade.
This is the wall that faces the crib - her closet, FULL of stuff.
You can see two little teal owls if you look closely, painted by Jenna.
Closer look
Look who's coming in to find mommy.
Well, looks like that is it. Time for me to go play. Here is one last picture that I love. This was taken when the photographer came over to take all the pics for Texas Children's.

2 comments:

  1. Molly's nursery is ADORBS! You and your sister did an awesome job with decorating! She's such a great artist. And you know how much I love the owl theme. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty nursery! And I love that last photo.

    ReplyDelete