Thursday I made eggs and biscuits for breakfast and Molly told me that she wanted to send her daddy cookies and milk so that is what we did. I sent a goody box from Tiff's Treats. If you haven't heard of them and live in Houston, Austin or Dallas look them up and order some, pronto. Best cookies e.v.e.r. Later that night we celebrated with Danny's family at Taste of Texas which is making my mouth water just typing about it. Delish!
Oh wait, back-up, back-up, I forgot....when he got home from work he walked into this.
I got it off Pinterest so I can't take credit but there are 30 balloons with 30 pictures attached to them and on the back I either wrote the memory or something that I love about him. This was my favorite thing I did because it was fun to go through the pictures and reminisce.
So, moving on, Friday was another day at work but Friday night my family came over to eat pizza and celebrate. We were super excited about his gift but more on that later.
Saturday was a surprise. Around 11am my sister and Reece showed up to babysit. Danny thought they were coming to hang out but I told him to go pack his stuff and that we were going away for the night. It was my first night away from Molly so I was stressing about it but I knew we needed to get away (side note: marriage can be hard work - add a baby to the mix and it can get a bit harder - people don't so much warn you about that - so we needed the time to reconnect if you will). We grabbed a bite to eat at the best Thai place in Houston, Thai Gourmet, then went on our way. We couldn't go too far because
Once we were home Molly napped and we got the low down from Jenna on Molly's night. They played, ate, went on a "secret mission" and went to church. Thank you Aunt Nenna and Reece for babysitting! Here are two pics that I got while we were away.
Apparently she wanted to go swimming.
Catch me if you can....
Then after sleeping beauty woke up we grab some dinner and wrapped the night up with a walk and a bike ride!!!!!!!
I think Danny had a great b-day. I know I had some fun. :)












You two little lovebirds are beaming!
ReplyDelete