Wednesday, January 21, 2015

37 weeks 3 days - full term with twins!

This was supposed to be posted yesterday.

I can't believe I am still pregnant! I thought for sure I would have had these babies by now. I am glad they are still cookin but wow being prego with multiples is no joke. I am not gonna lie, I am miserable. I have no idea how my body is still making room for 2 growing babies. It is quite amazing to think about but then kinda sad because my body of course will never be the same. So the sad part is for purely selfish reasons.
End of day roughness
Last week at my OB appt we scheduled my c-section date since A is still breech and I don't have a choice. It is set for Thursday, Jan 29 at 7:45am. Crazy! Crazy that I still have that much more time and crazy that I know their birthday.....kinda weird. But of course they could always decide their own birthday and come earlier. Funny story - so one of my friends/coworkers is prego with twins as well and is a week behind me. She had her date scheduled for Jan 29 for a while now because she knew from the beginning she was going to have a c-section. Of course we text daily about twin progress and we go to the same OB so I told her Dr. D wanted me to wait until 38 weeks and hers was scheduled during her 37 week. She had an appt later that day and I told her to ask why mine would be delivering later. Well, Dr. D said oh we need to move your appt so I got her slot on the 29 and she moved to Feb 3. Maybe that isn't funny to anyone else but I thought it was humorous. My babies took her babies birthday.

how far along? 37 weeks 3 days
how are you measuring? As of today at the high risk doc I am measuring 47 weeks
size of baby?  Yeah.....this is the crazy amazing part. He couldn't get a good measurement because B's head was pushing into A's belly because B is transverse. So, B's feet are kicking A's head and he is curved around where his head is in A's belly.
babies up or down? For most of my pregnancy baby A has been head down and B has been down, breech and transverse but starting at 33 weeks A is breech and B is head down which means c-section. A has to be head down for natural birth which is what I was hoping for but at this point I don't care I just want them out. heartbeat? Good. I don't remember the numbers.
total weight gain/loss? I don't even know or want to know at this point.
maternity clothes? Black leggings and black long sleeve shirt is what is on the agenda everyday - over and over again. 
stretch marks? So depressing.
sleep? Surprisingly this has gotten a little better. Going from 4 hours was a good night to now maybe 5 is good. Progress? Turning over in bed at this point is nearly impossible. The weight of my belly is crazy. It is about a 10 minute process to turn over and usually involves me grabbing to anything to help me turn including a sleeping husband.
best moment this week? Ever since Molly got to feel the hiccups she asks every night to feel them so she definitely remembers. But the best moment recently is Molly turning 3 and completely understanding that she is 3.
movement? Oh yeah and for some reason baby b LOVES to snuggle with a because they are always move on the left side of my belly - it is always lopsided. I will also say that throughout this pregnancy baby a is the crazy active one and b seems to be a bit more chill maybe because he just likes the cuddling so much. :) It will be interesting to see if A has the wilder personality since that it how it has been in the womb.
food cravings? Of course this is still all the things I can't have with diabetes but i have told everyone that after delivery I would like that chick fil a peppermint shake :)
gender predictions? still have 2 identical boys in there.
what i miss? sleep of course and not having all these crazy pains but as weird as it sounds being able to suck in my belly. I want to give my skin some relief and of course there is no sucking in this protrusion.
what I'm looking forward to? Seeing just how identical these boys will be. So far with their identicalness they have surprised the high risk doc so it will be interesting to see what they are like in person.
how are you feeling? I think I am expressed enough of how I feel ;) This to shall pass and I am sure one day.....a long long time from now I might miss this. Might being the key word.
SHOUTOUT: I need to brag for a second on my hubs. He has been pretty amazing with this whole pregnancy. He has gone above and beyond in helping out with Molly, house stuff, grocery shopping and everything else. All things that we shared or I handled he now handles. I appreciate him in a whole new way. Thank you DG.
37 weeks and still lookin rosie
Let's just go ahead and throw in 40 weeks with Molly. I couldn't even imagine these clothes fitting me right now.

1 comment:

  1. I am already in love with these boys.... but now I want to meet them!!! You are doing GREAT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete