It is a big milestone Molly Grace. You are a 1.5 year old. I am not sure how that happened so quickly. I mean yesterday you were like 9 months. I look at you and just ask myself where my little baby went. You are a curious, feisty, independent, precocious, loving little girl now. Oh Molly.... In other news, I am posting this a day late because we have been out of town. This was your first weekend to have a sleep over. You stayed with Lolli and Pops and Daddy and I went to San Antonio for a wedding. It was nice to get away but we missed you so much. Lolli sent us tons of pictures which helped and it looks like you had a blast! I don't know what people did before text messaging. ;) You don't have your 18 month check up for another week so I don't have your stats but I do know you weigh 27lbs and below is all the other info.
* 18 and 18-24 month clothes
* diaper: size 4
* shoe: 4.5 - 5 (You must have some small feet because they have not changed sizes in months and I was told they change every 3 months, oh well!!!)
Sleeping: Same ol, same ol here. Nap from 1-3pm. Go to bed between 7:30-7:45pm and wake up between 7-7:30am.
New Tricks: What can't you do these days....seriously. We might as well hike Mt. Kilimanjaro next....if only I could survive that, no doubt you could. It is not new that you can run but that is all you do now, run, run run. You also like to jump, although, hate to break it to you, but your feet don't actually leave the ground but you think you are jumping high none the less. You can count, really and truly. The numbers might be a little scrambled but that is ok. I am impressed you can count to begin with. I say one, you say two, I say three, you say seven, I say four, you say seven, I say five, you say, seven, I say six, you say seven, then you can say eight, nine and ten. So we have 4 numbers down, in the correct order!
Words: You copy everything now. Not only what we are saying to you but daddy and I will be talking and all the sudden you say what we are saying.......i mean I gotta watch myself girl. Not that I have a potty mouth but still I don't want you to learn certain words. You are still saying everyone's name all the time, including all your friends at school. Here are some of the things you say constantly: "calibooboo" (caterpillar), "my daddy!" (not sure where you got this but you have to tell everyone that daddy is your daddy....makes me nervous for future siblings), "tat you" (thank you), "welcome" (your welcome), "peese" (please), "stuck", "waler" (water), "hooold it", "a-men", "come on" and so much more. I can't forget the word you say 9,342 times a day - "pop-icle". It might even be 12,486 times a day.
Teeth: We have another one peeking through so we have 10.5 teeth now. OK Molly, let's talk about your teeth. You have turned into a biter. Yes, you have received two bad reports from school saying that you bit one of your friends. That is always fun for me to see their mom's in the morning as I drop you off and see the fear in their eyes as they leave their kid with mine.....so we need to work on that. No biting little lady!
Likes: You still love all your same things. You are still 100% an outside girl, much to my chagrin, you will soon realize that it is so goodness to gracious H-O-T in Houston. I mean I don't even try to get "ready" when I am home with you because I know I am going to sweat it off girl. Because it is so hot maybe that is why you LOVE popsicles. We have moved on from hugging everything to kissing everything as well. You want to kiss and hug some really random things girl, like yesterday when you wanted to hug the potty......interesting.You like to tell me when babies, or anything, is sleeping. You put your finger to your teeth and let out at big "shhhhhh". Oh and one last thing, you long to tell people to "come on" as you are waiving your hand for them to follow.
Dislikes: You still don't love to have people help you with things when you think you can do it by yourself but eventually you get really frustrated and let someone help. Great, means you got both of mommy and daddy's stubborn genes. I was hoping you would get neither but I guess you were bound to get some stubbornness. You just don't love to be in the car, period. It should be interesting this month when we are taking a 4 hour drive to Inks Lake.....should be a blast! Oh and I can safely say you don't like being held in one place. You are an explorer. I used to look at those moms who put leashes on their kids and thought they were crazy, well, no judgment now! Girl, I need to get one of those things for when we go out in public.
Oh Molly, Molly, Molly, how is it that you are a 1.5 year old. Now I definitely understand people when they say time flies by when you have kids. This month more than any other I know you are going to test your boundaries. You are meant to explore. I wonder what that means for the future. I am always watching the wheels turn in that little head. You don't sit still for one minute. The only time you do is when you first wake up you like to be cuddled or when we are putting you to bed other than that you are just a streak of light running through the house. One of my favorite things is just listening to you talk. You can make me and daddy laugh so hard when you are talking "toddler" which sounds a lot like German. You are fiercely independent but at the same time when we are just a family of three you like to go around the circle and say each of our names and you LOVE family hugs. Goose, I love you and your wild spirit despite the fact that you wear me out. I wouldn't have it any other way!





No comments:
Post a Comment