Monday, April 1, 2013

Birthday and Easter Festivites

Saturday was my 29th birthday. One more year til 30, better make this one a good one! It started out great with me sleeping in a little bit - you can't beat that when you have a wee one. I walked into the kitchen to find Danny cookin away getting breakfast ready. While he finished up I went and got M out of bed. Danny had the menu written out so I just got to hang out and play while breakfast was prepared. My kind of meal!


Daddy's a good cook!
After that, we got ready and headed to the ranch for the annual Klotz family (Danny's maternal side) Easter celebration. Oh, what a glorious place, 200 acres of freedom that we don't get to experience enough. There were 11 great grand kids there so of course we had to have an egg hunt! Most of the kids marched out there and ran to collect eggs, Molly on the other hand saw her first egg and plopped down and worked on opening it so she could get the candy inside. This girl doesn't wait for food. All in all, she got three eggs with much convincing on our part to keep her moving and looking for eggs - we brought twelve. I should have known we wouldn't have gotten past one - ha!
Go Molly, go Molly, go!
I found an egg, now what!?
Ok, maybe I sat down a little too early, gotta rrreeeaacchhh
Hmm, what's in here?
Hey mom, you wanna hand me those. (please) 
Anyone need a kiss? 
Just hanging out like a big kid with Pawpaw
The attempt at a posed kid pic (we are missing two)
Then we moved on to lunch, nap then more playtime. And my MIL brought my favorite cake of all time, the Tollhouse cake at Empire Cafe. I have talked about it before when I was preggers and how I craved it all the time. Man oh man - it was just as good as I remembered. It is making my mouth water just thinking about it. Wait, lemme go get a piece.....ok back. Delish! Around 4pm we closed up shop and headed home for a birthday celebration with my family at Benihanna, yum!
William chillaxin with Uncle Bobby (chillaxin is still a cool word right?!?)
Pops, what is Lolli putting on my head...
Let's go daddy

We had an outfit change after lunch to her shirt that says "hanging with my peeps" and now I thought I would take you through the mind of a 14 month old on how to sit in a chair.

A chair that is my size.
One foot up
Gotta stand up
Now turn around and sit down
Almost done
Got the leg out
Now, I am ready!
On Easter Sunday we woke up, got ready and headed to church. What a great service! He is Risen, He is Risen indeed. M loved her big twirly dress. After nap time we headed to my parents to hang out and have a delicious meal.

Easter loot
Wait, Molly let's try this again in our Easter pj's
That's better!
Clearly not in a hurry to get ready.
My twirly dress!
Family pic with a little girl that is NOT feeling it.
What?!? Can I not eat this yet?
Here Great Grandma, you want this?
Oh my goodness, he's gonna find me, he's gonna find me.....
Eeeekkkk, he found me!!!
This weekend was just perfect! I am truly blessed.




3 comments:

  1. LOVED all of the pics!
    A few notes:
    One should NOT dangle a dream of a delicious cake without warning! Especially to a pregnant woman! Unless you were trying to make MY mouth and Peanut's mouth water so much that we must google this cake at once!
    2nd- Is there any OTHER way to sit in a chair?
    3rd- Chillaxin is still cool, will never go out. Will be cool along with two fangas.

    4th- Glad it was a WONDERFUL birthday!!!

    that is all,

    Thanks and gig em~

    FOK

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I loved your comment! Two fangas will ALWAYS be legit! And I need to get you a peice of that cake stat because it is a necissity for a prego woman!

    speaking of pics.....i could use an update with your pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. picture of the kids actually turned out, good job!

    ReplyDelete