It is no secret that I used to consider my dogs my children.
 |
The last time we were a family of four. Rocki is masking the
massive bump coming from my abdomen area. |
I used to affectionately call them my chickens, why, i don't know. I call Molly goose all the time. Who knows maybe i just like winged, feathered animals. I do call Molly goose for a reason though. It involves silly goose, shortening the name then constant nickname goose appeared. I am sure she will love it when I call her goose when she is 16, 21 or even 59.
She will definitely love it! ;)
 |
| Run for your lives!!!! |
 |
| Seriously run! |
Anyway, I digress, back to the subject at hand. My dogs. It is probably no surprise to the all the moms out there or the people that know me well that I no longer think about my dogs as my children. In fact, since having a two legged child I have become a bad pet owner and I am the first to admit it. It is sad but true. Harli and Rocki have turned into outside dogs when I am home for the most part. I used to feel so bad for outside dogs and was kind of against it but now I get it. They just shed everywhere and are in the way all the time so for the most part they are outside dogs.
 |
This thing is so fluffy and so funny...all at the same time.
|
 |
| That tickles! |
Although, for everyone in the family, there is a magical time right before Molly goes to bed and after dinner that the dogs are allowed to come inside. They know it is coming because they just sit at the back door and stare, waiting impatiently for us to finish our dinner (what?!? it is not that bad..... it is not like they sit at the back door waiting to be let in all day long!..... well, maybe they do but that is beside the point - no more diversions, back to the story).
 |
| Are they back here? |
 |
| Not anymore. |
Once they break through the door in excitement that they are finally inside, they lick the floor clean of any droppings Molly may have flung off her plate during dinner, which can sometimes take a while. Then, once Molly is let out of her high chair, they run to find to try and find their best hiding spot. Rocki usually "hides" under my legs and Harli goes straight to the bedroom thinking Molly has no clue how to walk in there....she clearly finds her every time. So for the next 20 minutes or so they spend their time running for their lives and Molly spends her time laughing hysterically because she is OBSESSED with the dogs! And I mean obsessed, she loves them. She chases them everywhere cracking up so we crack up because who can't laugh when I baby is laughing....seriously, you can't not laugh with her. Plus dog is her favorite word. She is always pointing at dogs and saying dog, dog, dog.
 |
AHHHHHHH
 |
So we have to keep the dogs around. One day I am sure I will let the dogs back in but for now they like being outside.... At least that is what I tell myself and I have found myself to be pretty convincing. They do get to sleep inside so I am not that harsh and you can't say we don't feed them because these pictures don't lie.
Nuttin' cuter than a baby just wearing a diaper and BIG smile!
ReplyDelete