Wednesday, February 13, 2013

13 Months

Gotta get to my books
Today you are 13 months and oh how much you have changed this past month. Like I said before I am not posting monthly pictures but I can't do a post without at least some pictures because why else would you look at this blog. I know most of you just read the blog because it generally goes along with the pics and that is ok. I have accepted it. :) So, here are some pictures that I snapped today. Here is also a little bit about what you have been up to this month.
Do you want to read with me?
 Clothes:
  • 18 month clothes
  • diaper: size 4
  • shoe: well, this is a sad story. Apparently I have been performing the old Chinese custom of foot binding and I didn't even know it. Mimzie and I took you to stride rite to try on some shoes and you walked in wearing a size 3 which is what I thought was the right size and you walked out wearing at size 4.5 wide. Great.....sorry about that Molly.
Sleeping: You typically nap from 1-3pm. You go to bed around 7-7:30pm and wake up around 7:30-8am. Although, this month has been rough with the ear infections and colds so that means you have been waking up at night. It has been about 2 weeks that you are back to sleeping through the night what makes mommy and daddy super happy.


Eating: You drink 3 sippy cups of milk and eat 2 snacks and 3 meals a day.  You are a snack-a-holic. You would eat snacks and goldfish all day if I let you. Your favorite foods are strawberries and pasta. But you LOVE strawberries.

New Tricks: So many, I feel like you have learned a lot this month. You started pointing on your 1st birthday and you point at everything and you start as soon as you wake up. You mimic me all the time now. I do something then you try and do the same thing. You have developed your depth perception. When you are walking you can tell when you need to step up or down. You reach up and hold my hand now and I love it! You know where your belly button is and can point it out if I ask you. You understand so much. It blows my mind just how much you understand. And, finally you have stopped putting EVERYTHING in your mouth. Thank goodness. I was so over constantly cleaning everything over and over again. You are so close to running, you want to soooo bad.

Words: Uh-oh is your favorite. You also say mamamamamamama and mean it when you are calling for me. It is no longer just babble. You also say do for dog. I am pretty sure you are fluent in Mandarin or Vietnamese.

Teeth: Still 8, four on top and four on the bottom

Likes: Books especially your books with flaps, things that can fit in your hands that you can carry around, lamby, your wagon, being chased, being outside, bath time, dogs, lovie, bunny and anything soft

Dislikes: Getting your diaper changed, waiting for food especially strawberries, getting washed off in the bath, being told no - you are kinda starting to be a diva. You definitely know how to throw a fit now....it is actually quite funny to watch the whole thing unfold.

Mom! Why are you taking pictures? I am ready for my walk!
Oh and to commemorate the occasion you decided to have your first blown out temper tantrum today. It was no minor fuss like you have been doing when you don't get your way. And, I thought you weren't supposed to have these until until the terrible twos.....looks like we are starting early. Grrrreeaaatttt. It involved Lolli's banana muffins and me taking the muffin wrapper-holder-thing (what whatever you call these things) off the muffin.....like normal people do. Well, that was too much for M and she decided that she NEEDED the paper on her muffin. So she cried about it and I gave her another one with the wrapper. She calmed herself down then started taking bites and along with her bites she ate some of the wrapper so I took it away from her. BIG mistake. I should have let her eat all the paper. She cried immediately then proceeded to fling herself on the floor and just flail around screaming at the same time. It lasted approximately 3-5 minutes. It was ridiculous. I just stared at her asking where my Molly went.....looks like she is gonna give a run for my money.

Seriously, you have a problem. Put down the camera and take me on a walk.....please
Regardless of your tantrums Molly Grace I still love you to pieces. It just looks like we are going to have to work on things. :) You are so much fun! I know I say that all the time but you really are. You have the most contagious laugh. Looks like you got that from your daddy. You make me smile daily and you wear me out every day.....girl you do NOT slow down. I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

2 comments:

  1. The cupcake wrappers count as a veggie since it comes from a tree, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, FLAILING around?? No... never! :-) At least it was at home!! Could have been in the grocery store aisle!
    Note to self- get Molly FLAP books!! Yay!! I love the updates! Now go give her kisses from Aunt Nanda and Peanut!

    ReplyDelete