Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It has been rough

Now this post maybe TMI for most people but I need a place to vent about it because nothing seems to be going right. Everything with Molly is great, it is just me that is not so great so it makes tending to a newborn a bit difficult. So, if you just want to see pics just scroll to the bottom.

I know no one ever said being a mom was easy but I definitely didn't think it was going to be this hard in the beginning. Don't get me wrong I could not be more in love with this little lady but I have had a bit of a rough patch in becoming a new mommy. She is 3 weeks old today and I am still not 100%. I knew I wouldn't be completely back to normal because let's face it, I had a baby, but I didn't expect to get 2 rounds of mastitis, a yeast infection (TMI I know but this was caused by the yeast in the mastitis medicine) and then a UTI that can't seem to be fixed. I have gone through 3 different kinds of antibiotics and nothing has worked. The urologist thinks that it is some super bacteria that I got from the hospital which means that whatever it is, it is resistant to most medicines. Now, I am on a really strong antibiotic where I can't nurse Molly and she has to go on formula. That is definitely something that I didn't want to happen but it has and I am dealing with it. We were just getting the hang of nursing and we had to stop - grrrr. Nursing has definitely been a challenge so I was so excited that we were on a roll. Hopefully we won't have to start all over when I get off this medicine but will remember everything that we learned. In the meantime I have to pump and dump which is so frustrating because I just have to lug around this pump everywhere I go. I know Molly will still get everything that she will need from the formula but it is just not how I envisioned everything. Nursing was something that was really important to me but it will be ok, it is only a couple of days - fingers crossed this antibiotic works and I don't have to try something else out. So, it has been a long road thus far. Plus those baby blues in the first week were hard to get through. All my hormones were changing, life was changing, I was getting no sleep and I was just looking at everything thinking what in the world just happened. After some time, things just fall into place and start to work out - minus all my problems but that eventually has to fall in to place as well, right?!? That is what the doctors keep telling me......

Here are some cute pics because I can't do a post without pics of Molly! :)


2 comments:

  1. Lauren - I know this feels isolating but it is all very, very normal! I appreciate when people tell me that so I thought I'd pass it on to you. I had yeast problems too (yuck, over share, whatever, but it's true!) and dumping milk is so hard but I just know you are doing great. Three weeks post partum is NOTHING. It's like blinking. So if you don't feel like "yourself," again, it's totally normal. Please reach out to me if you need anything or more encouragement.

    Molly is beautiful and so alert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becoming a new mom is totally overwhelming with all the crazy hormones and lack of sleep not to mention all the other things you have been dealing with. You are not alone in feeling this way. I promise that it will get better and you will feel better!! I know it can be hard to believe that while you are in the middle of it all. I remember thinking, "I am not cut out to be a mom! Please can I take this baby back to the hospital?!?" Slowly it starts to get better but it will take time. So in the meantime just try to do what you can to take care of yourself and know that many people support and love you and want to help. XOXO

    ReplyDelete