As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Our special place
One of my favorite places is sitting in the glider in Molly's room - with Molly of course. Every night when she wakes up to eat I have started putting her back to sleep by rocking her in the glider (I know people say you shouldn't do this because then she will expect it but she is a good self soother so I am not too worried....it could come back to bite me but for now we both like it). Sometimes she goes right back to sleep and other times we just sit and chit chat with each other - you know - girl talk. Even though I am exhausted I have come to treasure these moments because I know they will be gone before I know it. So, we rock, we chat/sing, we sometimes both fall asleep but every time I pray for this little girl. This has turned into a great prayer time for her. This little glider, in the middle of the night has turned into a sacred place for me because I can truly concentrate on her with no distractions - because let's be real, it is the middle of the night and we are just surrounded by darkness so it is a great time to talk to God. We have also recently started a night time routine which starts with bathtime and ends with reading her a couple books in the glider. Here is a picture of us in her chair, pajamas and all. And I will throw in a couple more pictures because, well, who can resist this face.
No comments:
Post a Comment