So for the past month or so we have had a "little" mouse problem. We noticed it because there were chew holes in the big plastic container where we store all the dog food. (Side note: We have had a mouse before and we put out poison and it died but it died in our walls as payback or something so the house stuck and I mean stuck for a good week or so) So, this time around we decided to go with those metal trap things and those sticky pads which I think are both cruel and unusual punishment. You are probably thinking....and poison is not! Well, you see, with the poison I don't actually have to see the dead mouse but with these other ones I would have to see it and I feel like it would be a long and painful death, because hello his feet would be stuck and he couldn't move or his back would be broken.... Anyway, back to the story at hand. Starting about last week while we are watching our nightly tv shows we see this "little" mouse come out of wherever he hides and get one piece of dog food at a time. This thing is brave because he would go back and forth for about 30 minutes until Rocki finally saw it and went bazerk! It definitely did not come out again that night. We saw it again another night last week and he only came out a couple times. Well, last night we saw him for the last time. He was peeking his head out like he normally does, to see if the coast is clear, and low and behold I look over to my left and I see Danny reaching over for his pellet gun! WHAT! You can't shoot that thing in my house - oh no you are not! So he puts it back down. Well, clearly I didn't win that conversation because next thing I know I hear this LOUD pop go off right next to me and instinctively I start crying. All I could think of was poor little ratatouille has been shot, dead. So I get up to go see this fiasco that Danny has created and he blocks me, won't let me in the kitchen. I said "I don't think so!" with the tears streaming down my face. Well, he was right, I shouldn't have looked. This whole time I was thinking this was a cute little field mouse but in reality it was a MASSIVE rat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so sick, nasty. His belly was all up and out on my kitchen floor. So I go back to crying on the couch with Rocki in my lap b/c she is terrified of guns, Harli still sleeping on our bed having nothing to do with this situation and Danny cleaning up all the blood and guts. That was the end of our third pet.
I would have taken pictures but I was way to emotionally distracted to do it but I am better now. :) I do realize that rats and mice are nasty animals and shouldn't be in a house and they carry diseases and such but still I am going to have to write a letter to Disney and all the other animated movie producers and tell them to stop using animals that humans cannot love b/c it just makes it hard for us to kill them - at least for me. Danny thought it was good target practice. Boys!
Spring Recap
8 years ago

That's sad. :( But I don't blame you for not wanting a third pet. Ewww!
ReplyDelete