Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August where did you go...

WOW - summer goes by so fast but I am definitely ready for some fall. Quite a few things happened in August, Tyler's bday, my dad's bday, my grandmother's bday, my mom had surgery, Jenna started Baylor and the list could go on.

So, I will move on... did anyone else have no power last Monday night? I was thinking it would be a nice relaxing week but low and behold plans change. I will just tell you about Monday b/c the rest of last week/month is kind of a blur. Anyway, so I had a nice, scratch that, a long and painful drive home on Monday after work. I left about 5:30 and it took me about 2 hours to get close to my house and I say close because Danny and I just ended up meeting at Fuzzy's for dinner b/c we could not take the traffic anymore! Apparently, there was this crazy storm that swept through our neighborhood although I really didn't get any rain on the way there - just a couple sprinkles. Power lines were down and both Richmond and Westheimer had sections blocked off so you had to take detours, it was awful! Dinner was good but once we both got back home we saw the wreckage! Neighbors trees were blown down and I don't mean small ones, I live in an old neighborhood so I am talking about the large, round ones. Our patio furniture was blown into the yard. It was just crazy and the best part was we had no power. So Danny and I decide to take the pups on a walk and see the rest of the wreckage (reminded us a lot of Ike damage...so weird) and when we got back the power was still out so we just go chill on our back porch and talk about life. I thought - "this is what life was like when there was no power, no trash tv shows to watch, no lights to read with, no anything". If it wasn't so gosh darn hot I would have actually enjoyed it. Needless to say, around 10pm Danny and I gave up that our power would come back on so we made the trek out to my parents house to spend the night in the AC. When Danny went home that morning he said the power came back on around 3:30am so I was glad we left. Here are just a couple pics - it makes it looks like it was pitiful but hopefully my story made it seem a lot bigger. :)

I know this doesn't look so dramatic and don't mind out furniture (we got it with the house) but it was all knocked over and pushed over to the side.


This is 3 backyards you are looking at. Our neighbors fence was down and then her neighbors fence was down.


You are probably thinking "why would she post a black picture with a red dot". Well, this is how we entertained ourselves. We whipped out the laser pointer and Rocki went tearing across the backyard chasing it. Why we think that is fun...I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment