Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday Molly!


Molly Grace. You are two years old. I am excited and a little sad all at the same time. I can’t believe you have been around for two years. It has truly gone by in a flash. You are a crazy little girl with a lot of personality. You’ve got spunk, sassyness, sweetness all at the same time. You have an independent spirit but still need your mommy at times. As I am writing this at 8:45pm (bedtime was at 7:45pm) you are in your crib singing Happy Birthday to yourself. Wait – I am gonna come rock you – you are two and I am emotional. I think at this moment I need you more than you need me……… ok I am back.
You melt my heart, seriously, you have no idea. It is truly amazing to watch you grow. You are proof that there is a God, not that I need any but still, it leaves me in awe that God designed something so perfect. You personality shines through in everything you do. You are not a timid soul. You are a go getter that is for sure and since you are extremely verbal there is no stopping you. You let us know exactly what you want when you want it. You are a nurturing little mommy. You like to read to your baby, tuck her in and feed her. Just the other day I went to check on your because you got really quite and that usually means trouble but I walked in your room and you were sitting in the rocking chair with your baby in your lap “reading” her a book. Basically you were pointing out all the animals and telling her what they say. It made me into a puddle of mush. Bandaids, they are a hit, maybe because they are like stickers but regardless, you love them. You get very concerned when people have bobos or are wearing bandaids. In these past 2 years you have changed me. I look at the world in a different way. I look at the world through mom eyes. I totally get why Mimzie and Papa (my mom and dad) said the things they said to me, set the rules they set and did the things they did. I want the world to be your oyster but I also want to shield and protect you from all the bad things in this world. I will do my best to continue to be the best mom I can be. I love you little girl, more than you will ever know, or at least until you have a little one of your own. Then you will get it. ;)

Clothes:
  *   24mo./2T
  *   diaper: still size 5 
  *   shoe: 6.5W 

Sleeping: Your nap is no longer 2 hours. You have dropped 30 minutes so you sleep from 1-2:30pm. Bedtime is 7:45pm and you wake up between 7:45m and 8am.

Eating: Still a good eater. You will eat just about anything I put on your plate which is really nice.

New Tricks: So I was supposed to potty train you over Christmas and, well, I didn't. You are still going potty a lot on the big girl potty and you are now going at school as well. I just need a whole weekend where we can stay at home and not wear diapers but with packing our house and moving there just hasn't been time. Maybe when we move in with Nenna and Reece. Oh and you have gotten so much better with your colors. You can name most of them when I ask you.

Words: Girl, there is literally nothing you can't say. You have conversations where you tell me what you did at school, who you played with, what you learned in Sunday School, etc. You like to say "i dunno" when I ask you a question and you don't know the answer. The only words you have "trouble" saying are peanut butter (peanutdodo) and jellybeans (jellybaleans).
Teeth: Your teeth are still good and no new ones yet (you have your back molars that need to come in). We started using real toothpaste this month instead of the baby toothpaste and it tastes like bubble gum so you pretty much just want to suck on your toothbrush.

Likes:  You actually started watching almost a full episode of Mickey Mouse. It is still the only show you will pay attention to. You have always loved to read books but this month you LOVE reading books. You are always going back to your room to just sit down and read. I love it! We have moved a lot of your toys to the new house so you have been pretty limited which has been kind of nice. I don't realize how much stuff you have and we have until we started packing. You like to talk about all your friends and family. You will just sit there and name off various peoples names. When I ask you what your favorite animal is you say "ummmm.....giraffes and camels". We still talk pretty frequently about your camel ride over Christmas. Fav food this month are jello - mainly because Mimzie makes them into shapes - and popsicles are back. 
Dislikes: You don't love getting dressed. It takes about 15 minutes longer to get ready to either talk you into an outfit or tackle you into an outfit. In fact I was trying to put a shirt on you a couple days ago and you said "No, mommy, no! mommy! Can you be nice?!?" Really little girl, you are gonna use that on me! ;) You and your opinions girl. You might have worn a Christmas outfit mid Jan. because you just had to wear the reindeer. 
 I think you had a great birthday. We started out the morning with a family breakfast then headed off to work and school. You brought leftover cupcakes for all your friends that you talked about non stop. Then we went to Los Tios for your birthday dinner.


2 comments:

  1. Love it all! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has got to be the happiest baby girl in the world! These smiles are to die for!! mmmmuah! Happy 2nd Birthday to you Molly Grace!

    ReplyDelete