Monday, July 4, 2011

In case you haven't heard....

Danny and I are expecting our first BABY! We are so excited and really can't believe it, I mean we can cause we are, but you know what I mean. It's crazy to have this little person moving around in my belly. I am currently 13 weeks along. We had a little scare last week but everything turned out ok. The good thing that came from it was that we got to see the little one. On all the earlier ultrasounds we saw a little bean at 4 weeks and then grew to what looked like a little lizard at 8 weeks and now it has formed into the shape of a baby at 12 weeks. It was moving around like crazy, kicking its feet and waiving its arms. We also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time which was so surreal. It was beating 173 beats per minute. Anyway, I am going to try and post at least once a week to show updates and pictures of my growing belly.

You can see that my belly has a slight bump. Let's be honest, when girls take pictures we automatically suck in, well, this little bump is only going to grow so I better get used to it. :) Also, please excuse my no make up and hair up, I was swimming all day.


Right now baby S is the size of a peach.


Here are some questions that I have seen on other blogs that will get updated each time I post a preggers entry.
how far along? 13 weeks 1 day
how are you measuring? Don't know, haven't measured the belly yet
size of baby? According to thebump.com our baby is 2.9 inches long and .81 oz, the size of a peach
heartbeat? 173 bpm (at our 12.5 week appointment)
total weight gain/loss? + 1 lb
maternity clothes? Not yet but I got a whole bunch from my friend Candace! Pants are getting tighter though so it is only a matter of time.
stretch marks? No, and I am praying they don't come
sleep? OMG can I just tell you that I pee ALL THE TIME! I get up about 2 times every night. That is supposed to subside in the second trimester so we will see.
best moment this week? Hearing the heartbeat and seeing it move!!!
movement? I think the little thing might have ADHD because it was moving like crazy in the ultrasound but I can't feel anything yet.
food cravings? I don't think so. If it is anything I crave fruit.
gender predictions? Don't know. The Chinese calendar thing says we are having a boy but the heart beat predicts a girl
what i miss? Sleeping through a whole night, Diet Dr. Pepper, COFFEE. I am a real big coffee drinker and it has been though not having it every morning. I could do decaf but what is the point.
what i'm looking forward to? Watching my belly grow
how are you feeling? I'm really feeling great now. There were a couple weeks in the first trimester that were a bit rough but now all is good.

3 comments:

  1. Did I know you had a blog?!?! Anyways, I'm glad I found it and even happier to see you'll be updating us on your pregnancy. Your little belly is so darn cute and is only going to get cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations from the Hennagans! You look wonderful! We'll be praying for you guys and tiny Baby Struzick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you!! PS...I am thinking GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete